Tuesday, December 2, 2008

overheard at naptime

The little chickadee had a hard time going to sleep today. She's a little confused about what it means to be a Big Girl... she's two and a half and just finished potty training, and this is what I heard coming from her room when she was supposed to be sleeping:

(Be sure to imagine a very sleepy, whiny voice when you read the following statements.)

"But it's better to pway at naptime. I can't sweep because I'm a teeeeenager and I don't take naps."

3 comments:

Steph said...

Of course, it's kind of hard to argue with that!

Anna said...

I just stood there with my hand clamped firmly over my mouth, trying not to laugh. When she came out, she lamented that she's not a teenager yet, and I tried to assure her that she didn't need to be worrying about that just yet...

魯肉飯Kirk said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.