Monday, September 3, 2007

please continue to hold



I'm trying to pay my (late) health insurance bill by phone. I've been on hold for an hour and a half. Muzak, muzak, muzak, automated voice reminding me that all of their representatives are still (still!) assisting other callers and asking me to please continue (continue!) to hold, muzak, muzak, muzak...

Maybe I should have known better than to call on a Monday morning? Maybe. But here I sit, kink in my neck and left elbow. I even tried going to the bathroom, thinking that surely someone would be ready to assist me at that very moment. It usually works. Yesterday, I just knew that my sweetie would call if I got in the shower. I was right.

I need to leave for work...

I'm on hold in a lot of areas of my life right now. I wish I had more control over the world. Ha!

I really do have to leave for work. More to come...

3 comments:

Steph said...

UUgh! That sounds like a pain - literally and figuratively!

Anna said...

It really was! :)
I tried them again today and only had to hold for ten minutes... seemed like a bargan compared to yesterday!

Now if only I could get the rest of my life in order in the next ten minutes.....

Keely Van Brocklin Emery said...

Being on hold is one of my pet peeves - especially now when my time feels even more precious to me.