Friday, December 28, 2007

now for the slowing down...



Finally home! I love being home. But I can't go to bed~ too much buzzing around in my head...


This tends to be the situation when I get home from just about anywhere in the evening: it takes me an inordinate amount of time to settle in and wind down before I can put myself to bed. It doesn't matter that I'm exhausted or that I have a full day of work tomorrow or any of that. I just get all zoomy and wired and have to ride it out.


It's been an interesting day. That's for sure. Yesterday was great, Christmas was great. Today was sometimes good...ish... in a kind of a way. Sometimes kind of harder than I would have liked. Such is life, eh? Pretty great and pretty hard, at random intervals, without warning, woohoo!


All in all, I'm a lucky girl. I try my darndest to remember that.


In other news:
My brother would not love me to say this to the Internets, but he has a girlfriend, and I get to meet her next week. I'm looking forward to it, but I don't think he trusts me not to embarrass him.


I told him I was going to show up like this:



His response was to uninvite me. But I thought I looked pretty awesome. My up-do and my giant green earrings that you can't see in the picture make the ensemble truly and fabulously complete.



Ok
, now I'm going to try to unwind the rest of the way and get a few winks before the fast-approaching rising of the sun...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anna, I was at dinner tonight with my family and this young girl walked by. She was wearing brown boots with her jeans tucked in, much like the ones in the picture, but without the strips, I think, and her hair was pulled back into bobtails. It cracked me up, because I was thinking to myself, "Wow, Anna really went through with it."

Do you think your keen fashion sense is inspiring others? ;)

Steph said...

I think you look fabulous! And adorable, too!