Saturday, December 15, 2007

return of the balloon head


Two whole weeks with that whiny old post sitting at the top of the page. Sorry for that.

My trip to Colorado, mercifully, went by quickly. Not too quickly, though, for me to contract a wholloping sinus infection. I was so glad to be home, and have slept copiously over the past three days. Really, I could go to bed some more right now.

I have to say that Colorado was stunning. Such an odd thing to spend a positively mind-numbing week in such beautiful surroundings. Flying over the Colorado Rockies, I was amazed to find myself breathless, not just because of the gorgeousness, but also because of the newness. This country is so huge. There's so much to see...

I don't regret going on the trip, but it's not something I'd volunteer to do again. Unless there were things to do with a toddler, anyhow. An indoor playground or pool would have been much appreciated. As it was, there were three outdoor pools, two feet of snow, and lots of running up and down corridors and riding up and down elevators...

The most beautiful day was luckily the same day that I got a little break to go out and take pictures, some of which are posted on my Flickr page. And a very serendipitous thing happened during the birthday party we had for Z. She'll be five on Monday, but there was a party there in Snowmass, since everyone was together. We had the upstairs room of a little restaurant mostly to ourselves, save for one father and daughter at a table behind us. As it turned out the girl will be turning 11 on the same day that Z turns five~ magic! She and her father stayed for cake and ice cream and it made the whole night better for everyone.

Aside from trying to get well, I'm trying to get ready for Christmas, which seems sooner than possible. Today I decided that I'm going to skip my usual sending of photo-illustrated Christmas letters. I'm not sure what I'd say about this year, anyhow. Goodness.

I really enjoyed Jennifer's post about getting ready for Christmas, and I'm trying to ride that same wave...

I hope you're all well~ more soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oohhhh...I enjoyed Jennifer's post too. Who is she? How do you know her?

xo Amy

Anna said...

I found Jennifer's blog through a comment she made in someone else's blog... those random clicks can take you all over the place!

Believe said...

The views of the snowy mountains in Colorado on Flickr look amazing. It looks so fresh and crisp. I must say it would be nice to feel snow under foot alongside the coldness I'm feeling right now. Cold air is fine but it needs the white stuff to take the edge off just having a low temperature.

Steph said...

I hope you are feeling much, much better!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the beautiful pictures posted, Anna. Colorado is gorgeous!

--Larry

Anonymous said...

Great work.