Friday, November 7, 2008

photo log



Wednesday morning, everything glowed. I was glowing, the sun was glowing, the trees were glowing. The whole world was lighter and brighter.





We celebrated by making pumpkin muffins.While the muffins cooled, the girls gave me a fabulous hair do.
And then we made clothespin dolls.
Today was nice, too. I used my crockpot for the first time.
And then I went to the first craft night of the season at my lovely friend Martha's house. I have missed her So Very Much. Look at what she's doing to her old corduroy couch:Isn't it fantastic? She's had this couch for ever, and decided that the best thing to do was to love it up with patchwork. I sat on it. And I'd show you what I was working on while I sat there, but I can't. Because it's a gift for a person who looks at this blog. I'll show you once it's been gifted and we can oooh and aaahhhhhh.

I came home and my apartment (the new one that I'm starting to fall in love with) smelled a little bit good. Not as good as I'd dreamed, but sort of yummy and Thai. Sadly, the much-anticipated soup was rather bland. Needs more fish sauce probably.

And now I'm really going to bed!

(Hey, does this count as my post for day seven? Even though it's really not? Surely it could...)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clothespin dolls, muffins and a stylish hair do... sounds like a fun day to me.
G

Anna said...

Indeed!

However, the 'do was only stylish on the side of my head that is featured here. The almost-six-year-old did that side. The other side, done by a frustrated two-and-a-half-year-old, well... there's a reason that I didn't post the whole story.

Amy Schimler-Safford said...

This sounds like an absolute perfect day!

Anna said...

Thanks, Amy~ it really was sweet!