Sunday, October 19, 2008

changing with the season

I think this is the fourth time I've changed the layout of this blog. I think that it helps me to shift gears outwardly... I keep trying different ways of pulling myself back, continuing to write without expectation.

(NaBloPoMo is starting again soon, and I'm planning to give it another whirl. I have a page in one of my notebooks with a long list of blog post ideas that have somehow never made it onto the virtual page.)

As we're transitioning into fall (lovely, glorious fall!) I'm actively seeking a transition in my work life and home life. I applied for a job a few weeks ago, and found myself more than a little bit disappointed when I wasn't offered the position. It seemed so perfect.

And it also made me realize that what I'm really craving right now is stability. Clarity. Security. I want to know that I'll be able to pay my bills every month. I want to know what to expect a little more than I do right now. I've decided not to renew my NAPO (National Association of Professional Organizers) membership, and I'm looking for full-time work. One job. The younger of the two girls I take care of will start preschool next August, which suddenly seems extremely soon, since at that point I'll no longer have a job. And as much as I love working as a post-partum doula, I just can't rely on it. I haven't had a doula client in two months.

So, I'm keeping my eyes and ears open, applying for things... I'm also going to be adding more to my etsy shop now that the summer art fairs are done. I have tons of cards and 8x10 prints and jewelry that need homes, and will be making more goodies all the time.

The other change I'm really ready for is a change in my living situation. This little apartment was perfect when I moved in just over two years ago. I loved the smallness, but now it feels cramped every single day. And I had quiet, friendly neighbors, and that's no longer the case, either. Now I wonder as I fall asleep, just how long I'll get to snooze before I'm rudely woken up. I need a little more space and a little more peace...

Now I'm going to work on etsy stuff! Lots of photos to take and edit for the listings. Happy trails to me! And to you. :)

2 comments:

ayla begonia said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're posting to your blog again!

Luciferous Terra said...

I'm NaBloPoMo'ing, too! Cool beans - I'll see you there!