Sunday, October 12, 2008

don't leave home without it

A couple of weeks ago, I was cramming myself into my car, carrying too much stuff. One of the stuffs was a coffee cup, a coffee cup which is not my usual green travel mug with the snap-shut lid... which led to my forgetting that one of the many things in my arms contained hot, spillable liquid... which led to actual spilling of hot liquid. All over me and my car and my bag.

Now don't worry about my arm skin! It's fine. The real tragedy is the bag. Covered in coffee, and they won't dry clean it, and it was the only bag that I can nicely fit all of my essentials into. I had a system, and it was built around the central and most essential feature: my camera. I can't go anywhere without my camera.

Today I had breakfast with my Papa, who is in town for a visit, and while I did bring my camera, I left it in the car. It's awkward to be carrying two bags, and I thought that I probably wouldn't need to take any pictures in the cafe. After all, I had my camera with me all day yesterday at the Farmer's Market art fair and didn't use it. I decided to push my boundaries and experiment with not having it readily available.

Of course, then my ginger peach tea dripped down into the saucer and made a Moomin. So I had to go back out to the car to get the camera and document the cuteness. Voila!

P.S. Best thing ever.

P.P.S. What can't *you* leave home without?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what, I knew that was a Moomin as soon as I looked at the image.No questioning, no pondering..
Funny though as I purchased a largish Snork Maiden last week as a gift for a friend of mine while at the seaside.
I've also been secretly coveting several Moomin shirts over at :
http://www.play.com/Clothing/T-Shirts/4-/3514632/Moomins-I-Love-Moomin/Product.html#

I saw this girl wearing one and just had to know where she had purchased it from.

Anna said...

It's impossible not to love a Moomin! And I think they must be very good omens when they show up in your (my) tea saucer...